Monday, June 3, 2013

My bus driver

Again, I haven't blogged in a little while, and despite my willingness to do so, subject matter alludes me. However, this little something, is worthy of some time and I would like to share.

On my way to work, I catch two buses, I dont have to, but the second bus saves me a walk (it is cold people, I am not just being lazy). The main reason that I catch thr second bus, is that I love my bus driver. Every morning I see him, with a big smile and a friendly greeting for everyone that gets on his bus. He spends fifteen seconds with everyone who gets on. Just friendly greetings, comments about life, the weather, the weekend. It doesnt seem to matter, and everyone getting on the bus, loves it. 

This may not seem like a big deal, and it isn't. Why would it be? He is only polite and friendly with everyone who he comes in contact with that morning. Not all that hard. But for most people, he is one of the first people they will see in the morning, and every morning he makes sure to kick it off on the right foot.

Now, I cant imagine that bus driving would be the most stimulating of jobs. I have respect for everyone who does it, but everyday you get up at the same time, to drive the same bus, down the same route, and more often than not, with the same people. Its neccessary, but not the greatest of jobs. Yet, every morning, this man has a smile on his face, a friendly greeting and makes other peoples days a little better.

So whats the point? Well, surprisingly, I didnt just write a blog about a man none of you will ever meet, and he will never read. The point is, that everyday, you come into contact with some people. Maybe the same people, maybe different ones. And I bet, on days you feel good, you try to share that joy with other people. But this isnt about a friendly bus driver. This is about a friendly bus driver every morning. I know what I am going to get when I get on the bus. I know the environment I will be in, what the mood will be, and I know, I am going to smile. 

It isnt hard to find nice people these days, most people are. Christian or not. What is hard to find, is people who create an environment, day in and day out that welcomes people, and brightens their day.

Sidenote: My first bus driver showed up ten minutes early, because he didnt want everyone waiting around in the cold. Ten minutes out of his day, and he just made mine.

If only we were all bus drivers.



No comments:

Post a Comment