Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Purity Lost

I have been thinking about this post for 2 weeks. How do I start? Where do I begin? After not blogging for a few years, my ability to broach a subject with anything that resembles creativity, has rusted through. So for those who end up reading this, I ask for your patience as I try to find my footing on unfamiliar ground.


Purity in others is something that I have always envied. Having the confidence, belief and clarity to resist temptation and avoid impurity are all strengths that I did not possess. I fell early and I fell often. Because of that, I didnt view purity as something that I could have. And so, I promptly stopped thinking about it. 
It wasn't until recently that I begun to think about Purity again. It started with Supernatural. Its one of my favourite tv shows and although it is not the most wholesome, or purity inspiring show, it is very interesting, and raises good questions. 
One scene in particular made me think of purity. Dean is recently back from being in hell, and as they are sitting in a bar talking, he makes reference to being re-hymenated. Not the most righteous line, but it certainly got to me. 

In my devotions the next few weeks, the Lord was talking about becoming pure and refinding the purity that was lost. It did take me a while to catch on, but he was saying tbat purity isnt a forgotten thing, it isnt lost. Its just not yours. Your purity, whether you have it or not, is a gift. It doesnt belong to you, so when you lose it, it doesnt fall into darkness, it isn't GONE.

God has it. After all, it belongs to him. We were born with sinful natures into a sinful world. Purity isnt something that we can possess. It is the Lords and he gives it to us as a gift, so that we can be close to him. Purity is a way of becoming closer to the Lord. Which is why it is still available to you, despite what you have done, and he WANTS to give it back to us. He wants to be close to us.

If you are like me, and purity was something that seemed to be lost a long time ago, I urge you to seek the Lord, allow him to restore it for you. Allow him to rebuild.

If you still have your purity, in whatever form it means the most to you, then please treasure it, allow it to take you deeper into Gods presence. Please, guard your hearts and minds and hands. 
The evil one likes that purity is being overlooked these days. He enjoys watching people believe that purity is lost. I have allowed myself to be pushed on with the crowd, to forget the joys of being pure before the Lord, and only by the Grace of God was I aware of how far I had fallen.

Be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment